Ficus Elastica, Rubber Plant, Indian Rubber Bush
- Live plant
- Plants height up to 12 inches
- plants nature is outdoor-semi shade, alternate day watering
- Useful for the topiary garden, gifts Plants, Tabletop Plants & ground covers
- Best foliage plants & beautiful color texture on leaves
- Plant Name- Rubber Plant/Ficus Elastica Plant
- Plant Type- Foliage
- Plant Placement- Indoor & Outdoor
- Plant Height- Up to 12 inches
Ficus Plants Trivia:
- Origin- Ficus elastica which is called rubber fig or rubber tree is a species of plant in the fig genus, native to eastern parts of South Asia and Southeast Asia. It has become naturalized in Sri Lanka, the West Indies, and the US State of Florida.
- Growing natively in the sub-tropical parts of the world the ficus elastica thrives in temperate environments with rainfall. They do not like the cold nor do they like very humid tropical environments. If caring for a rubber tree domestically, you should avoid over-watering.
- Keep plants in medium-light locations, out of direct sunlight.
- Natural light is best, but some plants can also thrive in office fluorescent light.
- Plant soil should be kept moist at all time.
- Be careful to avoid overwatering.
- Do not allow plants to stand in water.
- Avoid wetting plant leaves excessively.
- A spray of water should help in the case of flowering plants.
- Plants should be kept in a cool spot (between 18-28°C).
- Remove waste leaves and stems from time to time.